Friday, July 2, 2010

There Is An Appointed Time...


Every year I like to do something that I have never done before, and last year it was to enter into the world of blogging, my first post being in March of 2009.  It was done completely by faith, believing that it was what I was to do at the time and that if I just rested and trusted in God, that He would use it for His good purposes.

My intention for this place has always been for it to somehow bless, encourage and inspire, and so last summer, as I was ready to embark on my own personal study through the Psalms, I thought I would put out the invitation to others, to welcome them to join with me in 'A Summer In The Psalms'.  I would post on a Monday the Psalm that was to be studied that particular week, and then we would gather together again, through my teaching post on Thursday and share with one another.  It took off like crazy.  Most of the girls were travelling throughout the summer, yet were able to find the time to study and drop in for their Gathering Time on Thursdays... Debbie's husband even purchased a lap-top for her so that she could plug in wherever they could find an internet connection on their bicycle travels throughout BC.  We all fell in love with Takako that Summer through Pure Grace and I believe with all my heart that my prayer for this place to be a blessing and encouragement to others was met.

As the months went on, a few new rooms were opened through Pure Grace - The Room to Grow, The Room to Read, The Little French Sewing Room, The Bible Study Room.  I have enjoyed so much sharing with you this past year from all of these rooms, however, over the past few months, as God has begun to open other doors to me, I have begun to sense that perhaps it is now Time to move on.  

The doors of Pure Grace will continue to remain open until July 15th, at which time it will then become a private site.

For those of you that dropped by for a visit and took the time to bless me with your words of encouragement and appreciation... I thank you.  For those of you that quietly came and quietly left... I bless you.

There is an appointed time for everything.
And there is a time for every purpose under heaven -
                                                             Ecclesiastes 3:1 

11 comments:

Edna H said...

:( :( :( :( :(

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edna H said...

please explain what a "private site" is......

Angie said...

Hi Cathie,
I was going to add my thoughts on "Women who show up for...Life" in the previous blog but now that you mentioned Takako this seems to be the right one. When you started this series I remember thinking that so many women that I know and love do just that...why? because they LOVE JESUS! Each one of them has grown in their desire to follow Jesus fully and answer the call to "serve Him" and "follow Him". You have led by example how we best do this and for this I thank you...for all that you did for Takako with "Summer in the Psalms"...THANK YOU!

What I would like to share tonight is one woman who also showed up for LIFE and that is Takako. We did fall in love with her gentle ways and love for the Psalms but it was more than that. All through her journey with her illness she continued to be a "light" that always pointed to JESUS and she LIVED for HIM. If there were times that she was discouraged or fearful she drew her strength from the ONE who gave her all that she needed and her faith was in HIM ALONE. She had such JOY inspite of her cirmcumstances and was able to show that to us and to her family when she went home to be with them for a little while. Her sisters shared with me that she was smiling when on May 4th she saw her Saviour, the One she had been living for and now KNEW what it meant to really be HOME and have LIFE ETERNAL.

That is really what "Showing up for LIFE...is all about!

Love...Always,
Angie

Cathie said...

Hi Edna, Hi Angie.

Angie, thank you for sharing. I agree with you, Takako surely was a woman who Showed up for Life and I have thought of her often, as this last posting attests to. Yet, when it comes to Showing Up for Life, not everyone has that tender woman's story to tell.

The postings for this little series was simply meant to highlight...

1. God's desire for us to be conformed into the image of Son, through His Invitation.

2. To show that The Invitation is Christ Himself sent to the weary, the heavy-laden, those in need of rest, and those that have 'missed the mark' (sinned) which is all mankind and that through the initial showing up of the receiving of Him, that we would find rest for our souls.

3. That once we have received Christ that there is now a DAILY showing up that is needful for us to partake of our daily portion of the Bread of Life and the Living Water... a continuous showing up.

4. That there is then the joy of showing up as being a living witness of Christ... a witness that both you and Takako and the other girls have exemplified... and continue to do so.

Last weeks posting however, was to highlight another kind of showing up.

As you know, there are so many who have come to Christ, to the House of Bread and partaken of His Bounty, only to then turn at some point in time, (whether in a place of blessing or need it matters not) and walk away in search of 'something else'... there is a message in the gospel for them as well.

Naomi, the prodigal son, and many others have found that there is always a Road Home, and that it is in their brokenness that they will find forgiveness and a place at the banquet table in their Father's House.

It's not always a smooth road of faithful servanthood for many, but Angie, for those that do return, your words ring true...

"she was smiling when she saw her Saviour, the One she had been living for and now KNEW what it meant to really be HOME and have LIFE ETERNAL. That is really what "Showing up for LIFE...is all about!"

******

Edna, your little sad faces tugged at my heart, but your kisses fell sweet upon my soul! In answer to your question a 'Private Site' simply means that Pure Grace will revert back to being accessed only by myself.

Love you two girls!

wendyl said...

Wendy says :( :( :(...also!!!Tho I haven't contributed much to these pages, I very much loved reading each one!! Will miss your musings Cathie!!
We will be getting together in Sept. for study tho, won't we????, Love you!! xxxooo

Cathie said...

Thank you Wendy, and... ABSOLUTELY!

Love you too sweetheart.

Cathy said...

I'll miss your sweet home, that I recently came upon, in blogland. God's blessing on you all the days of your life here on earth...and we'll meet on the other side someday! xoxo Cathy

Margaret said...

Hi Cathie,
i still dont quite understand what you mean by a private site.
Do you mean you will be cancelling Pure Grace?? Or the fact that one will not be allowed to send comments.

Love,
Margaret

Cathie said...

Hi Margaret!
in short, yes, the Pure Grace web page will disappear on July 15th. It has been a wonderful 15 months, I've learned ALOT, but it is now time to move on to other things.

Edna H. said...

With saddness I am saying good bye to Pure Grace. This has been such a wonderfu site for me, an inspiration as well as a valuable tool that has helped me grow in my walk. I always knew I could come here and find Truth and see His Light and I always left this site much wiser than when I clicked on. Many times it was the "switch" that flicked the light on....and I got it.
Thank you Lord for Cathie's love and heart for You and for using this site as your vessel to reach out to us, to teach us and too love us.
Thank you and good-bye Pure Grace.

Angie said...

Thank you Cathie for the wonderful journey that you took us on! I personally came to this site and am all the richer for it. We had some fun times with lots of laughter and some..."OOPS"... but in the end were always pointed to JESUS and that is what it was ALL about!

Love...Always,
Angie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin