Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Keeping Myself Accountable

Accountability is always a good thing,
and it just occurred to me this morning,
 as I was preparing to head out for a walk,
 that I have an accountability partner,
by the name of Ped O'Meter,
who lives inside my Nano!  

It took me 1,962 steps to get to the track at the High School.

I chose the outside lane and set myself a small goal...
to do The One Minute Mile...
in 30 minutes.

That's about 7 minutes per lap.
Hey, this is no competition - just sheer enjoyment!

However
I did allow myself the luxury of imagining a few encouragers, 
cheering me on from the stands!

According to Ped's accounting,
it took 3,924 steps to get to the track and back...
and 2,441 steps for the actual track mile.
Next time I'll increase to 2 track miles...
'Ped' will be thrilled.

In the meantime...
it felt good to accomplish my goal for today.
Touchdown!

This lovely little park is only a few steps away from the outside lane,
a perfect place to take a moment and give thanks for the good health that I enjoy!

1 comment:

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

You know what they say, "slow and easy finishes the race". Its good to pace yourself so you stay on track. I cant believe how green it is there!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin