Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Buttons and Bows


Saturday, March 7, 2009

Buttons and Bows
The other day I decided to go and check out some of the Second Hand Shops here in my little village. I was on a mission...it was to find materials to make an artists bag that will hold all of my pens and pencils and scissors and tape and all of the 'stuff' that I will supposedly need when I actually begin making Altered Books. Never heard of an Altered Book before? Well, as soon as I make one I will post it and you can tell me what you think...Anyway, in one of the Second Hand Shops (in my little village), I found a whole rack of materials neatly hung over hangers and I began perusing through. My requirements were reasonable enough, I needed a good, thick sturdy fabric - two actually (for contrast don't you know), with some of the colours that I enjoy and that would inspire me as I work...and don't you just know that I found exactly what I was looking for...and more!The cream coloured fabric (on the left) was edged in a 3" cream lace that was gorgeous. I purchased both fabrics for under $8, ran them through the washing machine, unstitched the lace (to be used another time, another project) and am I a happy girl!I wonder who these fabrics used to belong to...who knew that curtains and a tablecloth would one day end up becoming an artist's bag.All of this gives me pause for thought...it makes me think of who I was, and who I belonged to before Jesus came along, chose me, washed me up and made me into a new creation in Christ...I'm just sayin'...
Posted by Cathie at 5:42 PM 0 comments

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin