Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!


While on my way home recently, I made a quick trip to the grocery store, before leaving I thought that I would swing by the magazine aisle and pick up a hair magazine since I had an appointment the following day and thought that I could do with a style change.


Now, you have to know that I have not purchased a magazine in... years! If I do feel like reading one, I usually just check them out at the local library and two weeks later check them back in again. So anyway, there I am, standing before a ridiculously vast selection of magazines... all devoted to hair. As I began to flip through the pages I found one that seemed to reflect what I wanted to try. After choosing my magazine I turned to the cover page to find the price, all the while having a little conversation all to myself in my head... “Hmmm, that’s odd, they always use to put the price at the top right hand corner... and who are these 20 year old celebrities on the cover, anyway? I haven’t a clue who they are..."



Finally I spotted a woman who worked at the store and asked her if she could tell me the price of that particular magazine. She looked a little incredulous, but pointed to the bar code at the bottom right hand corner and kept on walking. “Oh great, I didn’t bring my readers with me, how am I supposed to read this? OK, if I just stretch out my arm and pull my head back, alright, that’s better.... looks like... looks like two dol... (eyes adjusting)... looks like twelve ninety-five, yep, that’s what it is ... twelve ninety- five! What? I only pay fifteen for my cut!”


Back went the magazine and I cashed out at just under nine dollars for my onions and two tubs of plain probiotic yogurt... I’ll just be descriptive in telling my hairdresser what I want and take my chances!

3 comments:

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

More than likely your hair dresser will have the magazine! With the money you saved you should get a pedicure! Be sure to show us your new "do"!

Cathie said...

Will 'do'!

tinnitus cure said...

12.95!! Jeez!

I mean who buys magazines anymore, seems they are dying a slow death thanks to the internet, tons of publishers have gone broke and I can't say I feel sorry for them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin