Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm BACK!


I'm Back! These past few weeks have been FULL and while I may not having been writing here at Pure Grace, you can catch up with some of my doings in the Room to Read and the On-Line Study!

In keeping with the theme of 'I'm Back' I attended my late morning appointment with my chiropracter today. My back has been 'tweeking' on me the last week or so and I thought that perhaps it was time to have it attended to.

When I originally made the appointment earlier this week, the receptionist inquired as to how long it had been since I had visited the office. I thought for a moment and replied that it was probably about 8 years ago. When she had finally located my file, I was informed that my last visit was in January 1990... two months shy of TWENTY YEARS AGO! Time flies when you are having fun!

When I arrived for my appointment there was the inevitable clipboard and pen, complete with paperwork to to fill in. While setting myself upon this small task, the two women next to me were leaning into a little book that they were both obviously captivated by and discussing quite deeply (and loudly) their theories on the deep meaning and significance of... Sudoku! As I sat there filling in all my little blanks, I felt like I was getting a free tutorial on the game. Honestly, they were discussing this like two highly educated professors, they were expounding on their theories of the great minds that had put this game together and took it all the way to the amazing benefits and impact that it has had upon our society today. Hmm-mm... Fascinating.

Another thing that fascinated me was that every single person that entered through the door after I arrived were either as crooked as a pretzel or unable to move their head without turning their entire bodies around; and yet every single one of them (eight, I counted), when upon arriving and checking in at the desk, responded to the receptionist's cheery greeting of "Hi, how ya doin?'", with an impressive and lusty, "Good thanks!". Hmm-mm... Interesting.

I was finally called into the examination room to wait for the doctor. I waited... and waited... and waited... and then pulled out my camera and took a couple of pictures.

He finally arrived and the consultation began. I have been asked to return late this afternoon to have x-rays taken (No Charge. I must be a fascinating case) whereupon we will set up another appointment while he looks over the x-ray of my bony frame and decides the best course of action.

His diagnosis... as I am only 5 years younger than he, he was quite surprised at how young I look for my age and said that I seem to be in very good shape and appear healthy. Oh, and my pelvis is tilting to the left; my lower back is knotted up; my neck is tight; and my left leg is a tad shorter that the right when I sit down and put my legs straight out. I like the first two observations best, they appeal to my sense of denial!

As I left the office I passed by posters of smiling men and women rock climbing, snow boarding, golfing and water skiing... sure, their backs are probably wonderfully limber and loose, legs all the same length, necks able to turn full circle... but I wonder if they have recently been told how young they look for their age...

I'll 'Be Back' at their office in a few hours... sigh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin