Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Gift of Sisters



click on pictures to enlarge

Just look at some of the wonderful women that I got to hang out with this morning, and let me just say that we had us some pretty amazing Bible Study and fellowship together!

Margaret and I both arrived at the same time thinking that it was so quiet we must have gotten something wrong... the time... the place... that date?


But nope. Once Angie opened the door we saw Debbie sitting at the table and the other girls began coming through the door one after the other!

Edna has just returned from Mexico and is as BROWN as anyone I have ever seen! White was definitely in her colour palette for this morning... and that is why she was sitting beside me! My pale, washed out winter complexion certainly highlighted her 'golden hue' beautifully! Edna had brought some beautiful bookmarks for each of us from Mexico, I could just kick myself for not taking a picture of them... they were made from avocado leaves and hand painted. That's not all I could kick myself for... I forgot to choose one for myself as they were passed around the table! Edna, could you choose one for me and keep it until we see each other again?


Joan looked so Christmasy in her red and as always she was a wealth of information in our study. She even brought hymnals for our time of worship... but more about that in a minute.


Angie had the coffee brewing to warm everyone up on this very wet, rainy, grey morning, and there were a few bowls of goodies on the table to snack on as well.


Margaret and I took this quick 'self portrait'... usually I cut off part of the head whenever I attempt to do this, and even if we both look a little dubious about the result of our efforts, I was just pleased that we came out... whole!


Wendy was so please when her daughter Cat was able to come this morning. Did you know that we have four sets of mothers and daughters that are doing this study together? Not all of them were able to make it this morning, but I am thrilled that Wendy and her daughter Cat, Angie and her daughter Marnie, Debbie and her daughter Sherri, and Margaret and her daughter Jill are with us!



After Angie opened our Bible Study in prayer, committing all things to the One Who had gathered us together, and after we had all agreed with our collective, Amen!, Debbie burst out with... OK, I have a question! And we were off and running!


After our study time together we had a time of worshipful singing. Marnie's dog Dash joined in... and let me just say that Angie's cat Bandit made a contribution 'of sorts' as well!

Again, I could just kick myself for not getting pictures of those two!


Lovely gifts were handed out, and as usual our hostess Angie lavished us with gorgeous desserts, delightful presents and the warm and hospitable ambiance of her home. It was a wonderful morning and after our many good-bye hugs and lingering conversations at the front door, all I could think of as I was driving away was... "Lord, you have blessed me beyond measure in the gift of my precious sisters."

3 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Girls,
What a "wonderful" day it was for me. To gather together is always something I look forward to, but you came to my home so that Marnie could join in and I thank you! I want you to know how much we treasure you and each time we say the same thing, "we are so thankful to have you as sisters". I think someone else just said that so it "must" be true!
Jan, we missed you but you were on a mission that was most valuable and necessary.
Cathie, as always you lead us and teach us in a way that is hard to describe but I will try. Your knowledge of God's Word is so evident but it is more than that. Your "passion and enthusiasm" for OUR SAVIOR is something that "ignites" in each one of us that same desire and we are not the same women. Most importantly,
you desire to teach God's Word "exactly" as He gave it. It may not tickle our ears but we can take it!
Joan, you have been so excited to share all your research and we are so much richer for it...don't stop!
Each and every one of you bring so much to our study and I love listening to you...and the good questions...thanks Debbie!

I will close with a heartfelt apology from Bandit! My husband brought the possibility of this happening and I said, "Oh no, I know his schedule and the girls will be long gone." May this fade from your memories sooner rather than later!

The journey into Revelation has just begun and we have so much to look forward to!

Love...Always,
Angie

BabaLinda said...

Hello to all of you beautiful sisters. I so enjoyed seeing you all having such a good time together! I could feel the love through the computer screen!
Linda

Jennifer said...

so much love on this blog..you are lovely!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin