Sunday, March 28, 2010

Selah!

There are just some days when the Power of the Presence of God falls so heavy upon His child that it is almost too much Good for His child to take... and that was today for me... right smack dab in the midst of the extremes of life... just almost too much Good for this child to take - but be assured - I was of the presence of mind to be receiving every bit of the Good that was being laid upon me today and I am still praising Him.

Without going into all the details of the day, I will say this... I was totally set up! Properly positioned, you might say, to receive this particular blessing today.

This past week I have been in Exodus and in the study of the Tabernacle - I am completely restraining myself here from teaching a lesson, however, perhaps it is sufficient to say that just as every part of the Old Testament Tabernacle was an earthly copy and shadow (Heb. 8:5) of the Heavenly design - Christ Himself is the fulfillment of the Tabernacle itself (Rev. 21:22)... Beautiful.

Today is Palm Sunday. It is the day that marks the final entry of Jesus into Jerusalem (John 12; Mark 11; Matthew 21), the day that palm branches were taken and spread upon the road and the people shouted 'Hosanna!' ('save now!'). The day of the fulfillment of the prophecy of Zechariah 9:9. It was an entry that was filled with great popular acclaim from those that had been with Jesus when He had raised Lazarus from the dead; yet it was a popular acclaim that lacked spiritual understanding... perhaps if they had just partaken of Selah...

Throughout the Psalms (and three times in Habukukk) there is found an isolated word that stands apart from the main text... Selah. Although scholars have long since debated the exact meaning of this word, because of its context, it is widely considered to translate as 'pause' or 'consider'... and this is where I have found myself recently... I am in my Selah.

Just as my study in Exodus and Hebrews set me up for a blessing of the outpouring of the Power of the Presence of God today, so too, have I been set up for my own particular time of Selah... a time to pause and to consider all that the Lord has been teaching me over these past 20 years. Now, it is not as though I have not paused or considered throughout that entire time, many times it is daily if not hourly! However, I'm sensing within my spirit 'a new thing' and I do believe that at this particular time God is preparing me, positioning me, setting me up (so to speak) for just that very thing.

This is my time of Selah - it is not, by any means, a time of inactivity, but one of complete engagement in the purposes of God! It is a time to reflect, a time to receive an even deeper spiritual understanding of all that God has been placing within me.

My prayer is that you would be blessed in your own personal time of Selah; that, however long it may be, you would know the Reality of the Presence of your God in it and that it would be a time of sweet refreshment and fellowship for you.

Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
ever singing your praise!
Selah
(Psalm 84:4)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin