Friday, April 2, 2010

How Deep The Father's Love For Us...




How deep the Father’s love for us...
For I am convinced that neither death,
nor life, neither angels or demons,
  neither the present or the future,
  nor any powers, neither height nor depth

 How vast beyond all measure...
  nor anything else in all creation,
  will be able to separate us from the
  love of God that is in Christ Jesus,
  our Lord

 That He should give His only Son...
  For God so loved the world that
  He gave His one and only Son...

 To make a wretch His treasure...
 ... that whoever believes in Him shall
 not perish, but have eternal life.


 How great the pain of searing loss...
  Jesus cried out in a loud voice,
  “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?

 The Father turns His face away...
 which means, “My God, My God,
  why have You forsaken me?”

 As wounds which mar the Chosen One...
  But He was pierced for our transgressions,
  He was crushed for our initquities;

 Bring many sons to glory...
 ... the punishment that brought us peace
  was upon Him, and by His wounds
  we are healed.


 Behold the Man upon the cross...
  And they crucified Him.
 My sins upon His shoulders...
  We all like sheep have gone astray,
  each of us has turned to his own way;
  and the Lord has laid on Him
 the iniquity of us all.

 Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice...
  He was despised and rejected by men,
  a man of sorrows
 and familiar with suffering.

 Call out among the scoffers...
  Like one from whom men hide their faces
  He was despised
  and we esteemed Him not.


 It was my sin that held Him there...
  He Himself bore our sins
  in His body
 on the tree.

 Until it was accomplished...
  ... so that we might die to sins
  and live for righteousness;
  by His wounds,
  you have been healed.

 His dying breath has brought me life...
  The Good Shepherd
  lays down His life
  for the sheep

I know that it is finished.
Jesus said, "It is Finished."
 
I will not boast in anything...
  But whatever was to my profit,
  I now consider loss
  for the sake of Christ.

 No gifts, no power, no wisdom;
 But I will boast in Jesus Christ...
  What’s more, I consider everything a loss
  compared to the surpassing greatness
 of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord,
  for Whose sake I have lost all things.

 His death and resurrection...
  “They will kill Him,
  and on the third day
 He will be raised to life.”


 Why should I gain from His reward?...
  Now if we are children, then we are heirs -
  heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ,
  if indeed we share in His sufferings
  in order that we may also share in His glory.

 I cannot give an answer...
  If anyone would come after Me,
  he must deny himself
  and take up his cross
  and follow Me.”

 But this I know with all my heart,
 His wounds have paid my ransom...

  The punishment that brought us peace
  was upon Him,
  and by His wounds,
  we are healed.


May God bless you with the Reality of His Presence
 and Purpose this Easter,

3 comments:

Cat said...

Hi Cathie! This was a lovely addition to my Good Friday, as I contemplate Christ's gift to me. I've joined the blog world as well, and I told Debbie and Edna I would post the address here so they could find it easily.
kitemkat.blogspot.com
Thank you for being a blessing in my life.

Cathie said...

Hi Kat! I am blessed to know that you are blessed sweetheart... and don't you just know that I am heading straight over to One Step Closer to say hello... love you!

Cathy said...

Oh, Cathie...this song makes me choke up every time we sing it in church! Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin