Monday, April 12, 2010

Crossing the Line


We took The Fun Bug across the line this past weekend to check out the Tulip Festival in La Connor.  

There were absolute masses of them... tulips and people!   



I had no idea that this Tulip Festival was so popular!  

There were helicopters for hire flying through the air, police traffic controllers at country intersections, cars parked in fields, balloons, food... and did I mention the masses of people and tulips?  

We did eventually park and have our walk through, but then we headed on our way - to take in the other sights in a quieter part of the countryside.  

As we left the fields of tulips behind I was thinking of how the beauty and the simplicity of the 'one' can be lost in the masses of the 'many'.  I thought that I was going to love seeing those fields, but really... not so much.  I still prefer just a few tulips from my garden in a vase on the table... 
for some reason I tend to see the beauty in just the simplicity of a few.


It's kind of the same thing when it comes to people.  As much as I can appreciate crowded gatherings, I tend to gravitate more to the beauty in the few, as we laugh and share and enjoy one another in smaller, more intimate gatherings.  I would much prefer to sit with 'a few' around my table than to be placed in the middle of the 'masses of the many'. 

It was a gorgeous weekend,  and Scott and I had more fun just cruising around, looking at all the lovely homes and gardens in some of the smaller towns.   There were some fun little shops too... like Bunnies on the Bay...


We ended our day with a very leisurely and enjoyable dinner before beginning our scenic journey home.  Just me and my man.... lovely, simple, beautiful.

2 comments:

Edna H said...

It is always refreshing to read your Monday Musings. They "always" bring to mind some pleasantly stored memory.... Lana and I spent her 40th birthday in LaConnor last year. Although is was March and the daffs were not in full bloom nor were the tulips out we enjoyed the afternoon poking in and out of the open shops (not all were open) taking pictures. We had the best sandwich ever at a little eatery off the beaten track. Purchased some awesome tea at the tea shop and headed to find the daff fields. From there our road trip took us, unexpectantly, to Ocean Shores a 4 hour drive down the coast. There we wondered the beach in the cold March winds, drawing "our" Fish in the sand and praising God in song. We had just an amazing time.
I love road trips...I love them with my daugher we always have so much fun...no plan...just going. I remember our trip to San Jose, CA. Although our destination was San Fran and points further....it was a road trip indeed.
I am in the thought process of scrapbooking an album of our journeys over the past many years. What a walk down memory lane that will be....a journey in itself.
Thanks Cathie XXXXXXX

Cathie said...

Edna, what a wonderful idea that is! Lana will be so blessed when she sees it... a journey in itself indeed!

By the way, I think that I am looking forward to you being with Lana over the next few days almost as much as you are, just knowing what joy it will bring the two of you - intimacy with the 'few'!

Love you Edna, and looking forward to our time together when you return.

Love, Cathie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin