Thursday, September 17, 2009

Apple Turnover!

Well, my new and shiny Macintosh Apple has finally arrived! An Apple Turnover, as my little Dell has found a new home on a desk close by, ready to help out in the transitioning phase.

I am eager to begin working on it, but, oh my goodness, it is a whole new world! I am now working with a Mouse (my little Dell was a laptop), and my new Wireless Keyboard has no backspace button (took my a while to figure that one out!).

The first evening I attempted to set up my e-mail account and it just was not happening. My husband came to my aid and he and I were on the speaker phone for over 2 hours with Telus and Apple trying to sort out the trouble... to no avail.

Yesterday evening, we spent another 2 hours with Apple to get assistance. When my oldest son and his wife dropped by for dinner, he walked into the Little Room and within 5 minutes... 5 minutes! he had it working and Apple said that he should apply for a job! I am just happy that it is all sorted out and I can begin getting familiar with it all.

Between the new Telus Sattelite TV, and the Panasonic DMC-ZM3 and my new Macintosh Apple I am on a huge learning curve, yet I can tell already that my new Apple will be easier, faster and more enjoyable to work with!

2 comments:

BabaLinda said...

Oh, it looks right at home!!!
I'm so happy for you.
Enjoy!

Cathie said...

Linda, honestly, you are my own personal little cheering section in all of this... and I might add my go to 'wisewoman' as I try to navigate my way through the technological lingo of it all! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin