Friday, April 24, 2009

Undisturbed

How could an entire week have passed by? Oh, I know...we are presently knee deep in floor renovations in our home and every room seems to have been turned upside down! Carpets, underlay, floor tiles, are all flying out the back door as we prepare to have the hardwood installed.

I have slowly been able to eek out a little corner for myself in the dining room, surrounded by boxes and displaced plants and lamps and such an odd assortment of ...STUFF! My chair sits on the bare plywood and sometimes the wheels get caught on the parts where I pulled the underlay staples out and a dent was created. I can still prepare my weekly Bible Studies here, but it seems to be right in the path of all that goes on (Canuck playoffs and hungry men in the kitchen don't you know) and, oh, will I be a grateful girl when all this has been completed! Even my little sewing room has been gutted and...well you get the idea! My kitchen seems to be the only place that is recognizable (and tidy) these days so cakes and soups and all manner of baked goods seem to be produced, simply through sheer avoidance of the other rooms, if nothing else!

I've taken a picture of the corner of our fireplace mantel...it was the only place in the house that seemed, well...undisturbed!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin