Saturday, April 4, 2009

Artist Bags and Altered Books



















Hi! It just occurred to me that I may have been a little "blogligent"... (a play on the word "negligent") because I never did show you the Artist Bag that I made from the fabrics I had purchased a few weeks ago at the Secondhand Shop (March 7th blog post). I really had fun making it and it has fast become a little creative centre where I can plan my gardening, sewing and decorating projects. It holds all of my magazines, journals, pens, pencils, scissors, ruler, glue and a few other little odds and ends.

It was originally going to store everything that I would need for making Altered Books, but those supplies have already happily found another home! I did make my first little Altered Book though, it was made as a memory gift for a family member and measure's just 4" x 4". It too was enjoyable to make and it was good practice for the others that will follow.
Hey, I was just thinking that the Artist Bag would actually make a really good Bible Study Bag...what do you think?

4 comments:

BabaLinda said...

Great job, Cathie. You are an inspiration and a blooming artist. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with all of us, your faithful readers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Linda, it was your gentle reminder that prompted this post, what an encouragement you are to me!

angie said...

Hi Cathie,
This is my second attempt as you know.This is becoming painful but I am NOT a quitter and I am certain that what I have to say is of great value!
I need to tell you that I think those beautiful bags you make are perfect for Bible Study! I would like mine in mauve please.
As for your walk in the garden my heather is NOT that deep shade and I do NOT have hydrangea blooming in my garden. Something tells me I need to hang around with you a lot MORE! You have helped the garden of my heart grow and I just know that you have many more things to share WITH us that are so good FOR us!
Love, Angie

Cathie said...

Angie, I am so proud of you! Welcome to our little interactive community! By the way, you gave me the best laugh today and for that I thank you...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin