Monday, April 13, 2009

Why Blog?

Monday, April 13, 2009

I am having such a blast with you girls that are responding to this blog! Only God knows where He is going to take this, but already it is beginning to build CONNECTION between us sisters…how great is that?

I am very impressed with those of you who have persevered through and actually left comments…without mentioning any names, I will say that I had the best laugh last week when one dear sister (OK, so it was Angie and she gave permission) attempted numerous times to type in the “word verification” prompt in order to leave a comment – the instructions were to “type the characters you see in the picture above” so she typed in the word…saw the little man in a wheelchair and typed in “wheelchair”. When it didn’t work she tried again by typing in “wheelperson”….bless her heart, she figured it out (ignore the wheelchair!) left that comment...and we can’t speak of it without squealing in laughter over it.

Just one more, honest! Another unnamed sister (haven’t asked permission) and I were talking, and as serious as she could be, let me know that she had just connected with the BLOB….I couldn’t resist and asked “the what?”…. “the BLOB”, she said just as dead pan straight as she had the first time…needless to say I was just in stitches! Listen, I count myself among your number, this is the girl who had to leave a comment on her own “blob” under the name “anonymous” because I couldn’t figure out how to put my own name in…it was the wheelchair comment sister (Angie) that explained that I just had to click on “name”!

Listen, I want so much for this blog to be a blessing and encouragement to you…it is my way of connecting with all of you through the week, where you can drop in anytime you want and have a visit. Let’s face it, e-mail accounts get way too full, phone calls can many times be inconvenient, websites are just one way communication, but a blog can be very interactive. It is a place where we are able to connect with one another, share insights, encourage…

Leaving a comment is really easy…HONEST! All you do is…
1. click on “comments” at the end of the post that you have just read.
2. write your comment in the box entitled “leave your comment”
3. type in the word verification
4. Click on your selection under “choose your identity”
(I would suggest Name/URL, then type in your name in the box labeled “name”)
5. Click on Publish Post and that’s it!

Now, for those of you who are joining us in our weekly study through the book of John, I have just had my breath taken away with a fresh revelation of 16:7-11…can’t wait to see you all on Thursday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathie and all blog sisters,
As I sit here typing away I can see that little blue man out of the corner of my eye and I am HUMBLED by him. Yes, we did laugh and it was good for us. I wonder if God didn't laugh as well. He created ALL things did he not? I have been so blessed by Cathie's sharing of her heart and plan on telling others about this site. We just can't keep her to ourselves. I
also know that Cathie wants only to bring GLORY to HIM and for that I say Thank You Cathie! Until next time. Love, Angie

BabaLinda said...

Why do they have a little blue man in a wheelchair anyway??????

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathie I have reviewed this blog many many times this is my first time to leave a comment. At this time I am at a very dark pace in my life and fealing very alone your readings are giving me great comfort and I thank you. Linda J Family of Angie & Marnie even if they do not wish to admitt to it HA HA .

Cathie said...

Linda, Welcome! It is my hope and prayer that as God continues to draw you to Himself that you would find encouragement and a 'soft place to fall' here. It is a joy to know that you have joined us and I am looking forward to getting to know you better in the days that lie ahead!

With love,
Cathie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin