Thursday, May 14, 2009

I've Been Floored!

Well, after weeks of preparing our home to recieve the new hardwood floors, we are finally seeing some of the rooms come back together again! My "Little Room", where I do all my Bible Study preparation, had the carpeting ripped up only to find tile beneath that had been glued down with some kind of tar like substance, my poor husband!









He spent long hours, late into the evening, getting those tiles off. While he was doing that, I was on staple removal duty! Do you have any idea how many staples are used to secure carpet underlay...ALOT! This was how I spent Mother's Day afternoon and I was as happy as a lark...one more staple removed and closer to the goal!


The "Little Room" has been, for the most part, put back together...what a luxury to be able to sit at my desk and have the room to spread out and work! So... here are a few pictures of the "Little Room" and the new floors...and yep, I am sending this to you from my desk by the window, and the sun has decided to show its lovely self and bless me by streaming in!

Now, I'm off to sort through the other rooms in preparation for the downstairs flooring to be installed on Tuesday...(sigh), and the beat goes on...

3 comments:

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Thank you for your sweet words. Please enter me in the drawing for the pillow. "Believe" is my favorite 1 word sayin!

Cathie said...

You're in sweetheart!

BabaLinda said...

OH! Catherine!
Your room looks LOVELY.
Great post with such a cute title!
Can't wait to see it (and you) in person....
Love the overalls too.
Happy with you,
Linda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin