Thursday, May 21, 2009

Some Flowers in My Garden

Here are some of the lovely flowers that God has placed in my particular garden! This morning was our last session in our year long study in the book of John - what a wonderful gathering it was! Our study began at 9:30 a.m. and we were completed by noon, but that was not the end of our morning together...while I kept Marnie busy (we were in the ladies room...for heaven's sake, I didn't know where else to take the girl that sounded legitimate!), Angie and the girls were like a whirlwind getting the room ready to celebrate Marnie's 40th birthday.

I think that the girl was surprised! Angie had planned a "Garden Theme", and the cake that had been made just fit in perfectly with the decor of the table.


Angie had set the table with lovely checkered green and white table clothes, garden themed place mats and gold cutlery. There were baby pink begonias all down the middle of the table wrapped in sunny yellow napkins and each girl had the pleasure of taking one home...

Angie prepared the food and it was spectacular, this girl has the ability to do 20 things at one time and do them all well...here she is with a pot of soup in hand and flowers in the other - and this after she had to jump in her car and run home because she had forgotten her homework, witnessed a three truck collision on the way and noticed that her gas light was on - what a morning!

Edna prepared a fruit platter that was just amazing...I will never look at fruit the same way again! I have told her that she could have her own little business in minutes if she so desired and it would be a smash hit...

As Angie would say...just click to ENLARGE and enjoy visually the bounty that we enjoyed this afternoon...

Let's eat girls!


There were gifts as well...
At each place setting there was this sweet little package - a handmade dish clothe with a Lindor chocolate attached to the ribbon (my husband made short work of that when I arrived home...the chocolate, not the ribbon!), inside was a little package of Forget-Me-Not seeds and a bookmark with the Beatitudes written upon it...
Edna had prepared a basket full of handmade bookmarks, with a little chocolate tucked inside the patterned envelope sleeve and a little ribbon strung through the top...am I surrounded by creative women or what! Mine has already found itself a little home on my bookshelf...thank you Edna!

We missed the girls that were unable to be with us...but hope to see you next week around the pool at our Summer Wind-up! By the way...Marnie got a present too - after all it was her birthday! I was going to show you a picture of it - but there is a history attached and in order to protect the innocent I'm not sayin' any more (it was re-gifted)...OK, that's all your getting from me!

2 comments:

Marnie said...

This comes from the birthday girl herself...oh what a surprise it was! In a matter of mere moments our study room was transformed into a beautiful indoor-garden-luncheon (complete with fine crystal and gold-plated flatware, I might add!)! The food was incredible...the fruit platter was spectacular...the cake was exquisite...and the friendship and laughter we shared was/is priceless! (Cathie - just to let you know that my oldest son, upon seeing your cake, said "Woah...that's even better than Dairy Queen!!!" - high praise indeed coming from a 13 year old!) My heart is full...as is my garden of beautiful sisters! My heartfelt thanks and love to you all!!!

Angie said...

It seems so fitting that you are writing on "friendships" just as our Bible Study has come to an end. We are a group of girls that are growing together and the roots of our friendship will continue to deepen. We have laughed, cried and been vulnerable together because we feel safe. As you put it so beautifully Cathie, in "Friendship Further Still," when we go beyond, to spend time with the One who showed us what that should look like we CAN be that with each other.
As the birthday girl's mother I thank you each of you for making it so special...my heart is full!
P.S. that gorgeous cake was made by our very own "Cathie"...we were on the same page!!! Thank you!!!
Edna is a treasure as you are all finding out...just remember, I SAW HER FIRST!
I am looking forward to next Thursday when we can relax and soak up that wonderful sunshine that has finally arrived!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin