Saturday, May 2, 2009

Just Breathe...


I had such an enjoyable day yesterday! I packed a light lunch and took the ferry across the river to visit one of my favorite little "villages"; I spent the day going in and out of its lovely shops, went to the library and took out some gardening magazines, spent some time at the park, breathing in the fresh air of Spring, writing in my journal and listening to the birds chirping their little hearts out and thinking about Life...
Girls, after almost a year together studying the book of John, with only three weeks left, we draw to the climax of the purpose of the book...
"Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name." (John 20:30-31)
As we begin to bring our study in the book of John to a close, let's remember the purpose that lies beyond the cross and allow all that we have learned and recieved to be lived out in the reality of our everyday lives...
Jesus...
our very Breath
our Voice
our Song
our Life.

8 comments:

BabaLinda said...

Hello you clever girl. Love the post. Will you paint that on my chair? Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday....

Cathie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathie said...

Hi Linda! Looks like you and I both have "chairs on the brain" these days...looking forward to havin' me sit on one!

Cathie said...

Just in case you are thinking that the "Comment Deleted" means that someone left an inappropriate comment, I just want you to know that I was goofing around, trying something new, it didn't work, so I deleted it...I didn't know that there would be evidence left behind!

Marnie said...

What a voice He speaks with...what a song He sings...what breath He gives us...and what Life He brings!!! This has been a most treasured study...

Jan said...

Hi Cathie,
It makes me breathless to see how far I have traveled since we began this study. I think about my loving savior many times everyday. I have been a believer but now I am sure that I am His and that He lives in me! I want to shout it to the world-He is the Son of God and my Redeemer; I love (agapao)Him and fall on my knees with thanks for what He has done for me.

Cathie said...

OK, so I am teary enough today...are you girls trying to push me over the edge into the Kleenex box? Between Marnie's poem of praise (did you realize that when you wrote it Marnie? Beautiful!) and Jan your joy of salvation and thanksgiving to God...well, I'm a puddle...you girls have been such a joy and a blessing to me this year as I have watched you week in and week out faithfully apply all that you have gleaned through His Word. You inspire me...

Angie said...

Thank You! to my dear sisters for sharing your hearts with us! I can't help but think what a sweet, sweet sound this must be to our Saviour's ears. Wonderful things are taking place in our study as we "Abide in Him"...and "He Abides" in us.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin