Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Lovely Surprise

Yesterday, I had a rather lovely surprise - my dear friend, along with her husband, dropped by for an unexpected visit. As I was hanging my newly washed and pressed drapes in the bedroom, I heard the doorbell chime and knowing that my husband was close by, and that he would answer, I continued with my project. As soon as I heard her voice I knew who it was, dropping everything I dashed down the hall as she made her way up the stairs with a lovely bouquet of flowers and a card tucked in among the blooms. With a big grin she announced, "Happy Anniversary!"

"Oh!, thankyou!", I exclaimed, as I proceeded to both recieve the flowers and give her a hug.
We had a lovely visit - and by the way...the surprise wasn't the unexpected visit, it's just that our wedding anniversary isn't until next month!

After we both roared with laughter, my dear friend made it quite clear, that when my anniversary does finally arrive, I'm not to be expecting another bouquet of flowers and a card!

Sisters...you gotta love 'em!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love surprises and EARLY surprises are way more fun than LATE ones!
Psst girls....if you ENLARGE the picture you can read the card!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin