Monday, June 8, 2009

Flowers On My Doorstep

What is it with all these lovely gifts that are being left on my doorstep? This is what I found awaiting me on Saturday afternoon after arriving home - a gorgeous black and white vase, a little package of needles and a plaqued clothing hook for the wall, along with a touching little card from my sister Linda (aka BabaLinda).

I know exactly where these delightful gifts will be placed - and so does Linda!

My Little Sewing Room is in the process of being planned and brought into fruition.

The plan is to have it suggest a little French boutique (now with a little touch of London!), with a large round mirrored bureau, a pedestal table by the window (now to be adorned with this gorgeous vase), and with black and white floral floor length drapes to frame it. Linda, THANK YOU!


Why my Father has blessed me with such precious flowers in my garden of friendships is beyond me, but He has deemed it as such and I am one grateful child!

Flowers On My Doorstep are not just the lovely outpouring of gifts from my sisters hearts towards me, but they are my sisters themselves...every one of you that God has placed upon the doorstep of my life, I count as precious, each one of you have found a "placement" in my life, and just the thought of you brings joy to me each and every day. I can indeed declare along with Paul, "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all...".

And just to keep me humble, here is a picture of my beautiful granddaughter yesterday - grabbing a handful of her Grandma's hair and putting her whole little body into the tugging of it...and don't you know that I was loving every minute of it!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi Cathie,
what a lovely picture of you and your little granddaughter. Isn't is great being a Granma?

Cathie said...

It is so-o-o great, I could never have anticipated what it is actually like, even though I have listened to you speak of the love you have for your own grandchildren, I had to first "enter into your fullness of joy" to really get it - and it seems that every time I turn around another is being added to our number!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

What a darling picture. you are sooo pretty:)

Angie said...

I agree with everything Margaret and Pansy Cottage Girl have said. This is a picture that needs to be ENLARGED...and you CAN!...you will see 2 sweet peas from the same pod!

DebbieS said...

Hi Cathie,

I am a bit confused, did you get my comment yesterday- not sure if I am doing it properly. I can't find any of the comments that I saw yesterday.

Cathie said...

Hi Debbie! Yes I did get your comment, welcome! And you know what? I commented right back! Look on the June 4th post and see if you can find it...it should be there!

Marnie said...

So enjoy reading your delight as others bless you...I can so clearly envision this most beautiful room you are creating...and such an added bonus at the end of this entry...a photo of two beautiful girls...what a precious little one that graces your arms!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin