Saturday, June 27, 2009

On Christ The Solid Rock She Stands

I am hoping that you had a chance to somehow, and in some way, enjoy God's beautiful creation today... after all, every beautiful wonder of it points to Him!

Yesterday, I had mentioned what an encouragement your comments and e-mails have been, and are to me, and so I thought that I would share with you just exactly what I was talking about. I have asked permission from my dear friend and sister Elizabeth to post her words and pictures - may they bless your heart as much as they have blessed mine today! Thank you Elizabeth!


Dear Cathie - as I read your comments today on Christ the Solid Rock, I have to share with you this picture I took with the single purpose of reminding me of standing on the Solid Rock. This little tree stands firm (I have watched it over the years going to McKenzie Beach) against fierce winter storms and calm days alike. Note the area around it is green - fresh green grass on this wind and weather bashed rock. The rock is only accessible at very low tide, which happened when we were last there. What a pleasure to get up close and personal to this little tree I have watched for years! I wonder, is there a lesson here in the growth at the base of the tree - as we take our stand on the Rock Christ Jesus do we shed some of our blessing to those around? Just a thought and I am sure you will probably give me some insight into this thought. I do so love to see this tree and every time I go to McKenzie Beach it is the first thing I look for.
There, I have done with my wandering thoughts, and must go to bed.
I so... enjoy your blog! God has gifted you and what a blessing to see you use that gift.
Love you, Elizabeth



This was at the base of the rock!!! Low tide reveals so much beauty!

3 comments:

Cathie said...

This is so cool! I get to be the first to comment on our first 'guest blogger'! Ok, so this is what I was thinking... Elizabeth said that "the rock is only accessible at very low tide", this got me thinking right away that this is how it is with us, when we realize the complete depravity of our own states that we are able to truly come to Christ in humility and repentence; low tide truly does reveal so much beauty! Elizabeth, as I have already told you, yes sweetheart, I do believe with all my heart that as we take our stand upon the Solid Rock that we spread the blessing of Christ on to others - and you have done that very thing today...thank you!

Angie said...

I went to bed last night with Elizabeth's picture in my mind. I am sure that others have also been moved by it and the words that she shared with us. It leaves me with a feeling of security. This rock is providing that tree with all that it needs for LIFE. The tree reminds me that we may have to stand alone for our faith. Some in our own families, some in the circumstances that will come to us each day. Then I look at the rock and I see power, stability, sustenance and strength. That little tree is doing just fine! There is a saying that, "sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words". Thank you Elizabeth for giving us this picture that so beautifully goes along with Cathie's teaching from GOD'S WORD.

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Wow, what a rock! Have a blessed day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin