Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer Windup!

Last Thursday, our Bible Study group gathered for our Summer Windup at Marnie and Angie's home - and it was such a lovely afternoon! I had fully intended on taking a ton of pictures, but when I went to take a picture of the punch bowl my camera reminded me that its internal memory card was full and I had left my other one back home in my computer - Margaret has graciously lent her camera as the eyes of that afternoon...thank you Margaret!

The above "bathing beauties" drew me into their midst as we hammed it up for the camera...and check out those poses - no need to serve cheesecake, we were definitely IT!

The grounds were just gorgeous and the weather just added to the beauty...

Ever loving the garden, I was able to snap these two pictures (with Margaret's camera) of Marnie's White Lilac (the smell was intoxicating!)...

and this alert little planting that Marnie or Angie will have to let you know the name of in the comment section of this post!

The openness and expanse of the yard lent itself well to relaxation and good fellowship....

Even Angie seemed to be able to sit down for a few minutes and enjoy the relaxation of the afternoon...

Ooops! I spoke too soon...there she is, off and running again!

Each of the girls received their little 'Believe' lavender sachet and Marnie presented each of us with a cheery pink carnation - but only after we guessed who we thought was our Secret Sister for the year. Some of us (and we know who we are) had already figured it out, but what fun it was to see the girls that completely were surprised! Debbie thought for sure it was me, when her Secret Sister was actually Linda, Joan thought that hers was Jan when it was really me...it was fun watching each others reactions.

And when I was presented with a beautiful rose bush named "Lovestruck", I was just about completely "dumbstruck"! Never had I expected anything like this - these girls have each found a special and unique place in my heart and this gift will be enjoyed and treasured as much as I enjoy and treasure them...another beautiful planting in my garden!


I knew that I would have to open my cards when I had a quiet moment at home. Later on that evening, as I opened and read each one, my heart was full and overflowing in thankfulness and joy. I watched as God hand picked each one of these women to be in this class at this particular time, their growth in faith and joy in the Lord is so evident...I consider it an honour to be counted among your number ladies.

I was also the happy recipient of two books, now on my summer reading list! Thank you girls! Amazingly, they both have a common theme...the Names of God and the Names of our Lord. As I think about the joy that we had in John as we saw Jesus reveal Himself as the Living Water and the Bread of Life (among many other names), I will certainly enjoy leisurely reading through these wonderful books! along with trying out my new calligraphy pens and instructions that a certain girl tucked into her card for me...Hmmmm, who could that possibly be? Thank you sweetheart!

And do I even dare continue with this almost 'embarrassment of riches'? As I was preparing to leave after a most enjoyable afternoon, I was presented, in the most sincere and tenderest of ways, with this extraordinary handmade garden chair. It was thoughtfully made by one of my sisters husbands (oh brother, can you see how easily I could get into trouble by not proofing my blogs...you need to know that she only has one husband!) who harvested and fashioned the tree branches by hand, as a gift to me. I was a puddle, and can't even tell you how I made it home in one piece. And here is the thing, my husband had asked me early that morning if I would mind taking the truck that day as he preferred to use the car to go to work...could God be any more providing than that? So there I was, rose bush, cards, carnation, books (calligraphy pens and directions) and chair all loaded into my truck and I don't think I have yet come out of the 'wonder of it all'!


Thank you girls, for a most "wonder-full" afternoon and year spent together in the study of God's Word, I have said it before and I will say it again...if ever a girl's cup ranneth over, it would surely, surely, be mine!

6 comments:

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

What a lovely time of fellowship you had. have a blessed day.

Margaret said...

Looking forward to studying the Psalms! We had a great time at the lunch - just wish Jenny & Val could have been there.
Lots of love!

Angie said...

It is wonderful to see your name up there Margaret! It was nice to relax together and for a little while not having to think TOO much! I can add one other name to our list of girls we missed and that was Edna. To those of you who have been under Cathie's teaching you know how it has changed your way of studying the Bible. Thank you Cathie! To each one of you who were in the class with me I thank you as well. You brought so much insight, knowledge and passion to each study... "ALL FOR HIM... FOR HE ALONE IS WORTHY."
Okay Cathie, I am ready to start thinking again!

Cathie said...

I agree Angie, it is nice to see Margaret's name up there...well done Margaret! I missed those three girls too, but hopefully we will all be able to play a little "catch-up" here over the summer! Welcome Pansy Cottage Girl, all the way from California! We hope you find encouragement and inspiration here! See you girls here on Thursday!

Marnie said...

The photos only begin to capture the fun and beauty we shared that day...great job, camera girls! It was the perfect way to end a beautiful time with the girls...and by the way, did anyone notice our extra guest that day...that cute little blondie (look at the photo of our dear Cathie with her rose bush tree and you will notice the best looking "boy"...the only "boy" in attendance at our party that day...hint...look at the bottom right hand corner of the photo!).
I LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone....Great pictures, looks like fun was had by all AND the weather co-operated providing a lovely day for you. All of you were in my thoughts as you enjoyed your time together. Weather here is definately not summer...cool temperatures, windy and raining BUT no bugs of any kind. I have heard terrible stories of the size and swarms of the nasty Winnipeg mosquito. They can pick up and carry you away!!!! So, I am thankful I have not had to experience that. So, ladies enjoy your summer.I'll be checking in now and then.......love Edna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin