Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer in the Psalms - Week One Reading

Welcome, to our very first week of Summer in the Psalms!

Each Monday over the next 12 weeks, we will all be meeting here to recieve our new Psalm of the Week. Throughout that week, we will be reading, meditating, praying and applying all that we learn regarding that particular Psalm.

Thursdays will be our Gathering time! On Thursdays, I will be posting all that I have personally gleaned, in the hopes that you will join in on the discussion, spreading the blessing around by sharing all that you have recieved as a result of spending time in that particular Psalm. Listen girls, this can only strengthen us as sisters as we connect and dialogue our faith walk with one another this summer. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Having said that, I just need to let you know that I will not be covering, indepth, such things as the parallelism of the Psalms - for instance the synonymous, antithetical and synthetic parallelism; nor will I be doing an indepth study of the themes of the Psalms - such as the liturgical, Messianic, penitential, imprecatory, relational, historical, praise etc. (I am giggling as I write this as I imagine some of you collectively sighing in relief!)

Every single one of us knows that there are times that truly, all we are needing at that particular moment is a simple drink of the Living Water...during those times, we don't need to know all the molecular structure of it, we simply know that we thirst...well, this is my invitation to you to come and drink.

As we spend this Summer together in the Psalms, it is my prayer that this will be a time of soul refreshment, healing and renewal for you and for me. Come and join us! Hey, we may not all be able to find a tropical palm to sit under this summer, but we can surely sit under a topical Psalm!

And here is it - your Psalm for this week is... Psalm 16! Now, off you go to drink and be refreshed!

See you back here on Thursday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin