Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer in the Psalms - Week Five Reading

What a beautiful Monday morning in which to start out our week! I am sitting here looking out at a clear, blue sky with not a cloud to be seen - it is my prayer for you this week that as you look into the Word of God that He would make clear to you all that you are to know at this particular time and that you will be blessed in the revelation of it all.

Once again, I would suggest that you take one verse and commit it to memory, remember, the Word of God is our only offensive weapon, the more we memorize Scripture the better we are at withstanding the slings and arrows of the enemy. Also keep in mind that this is not just 'David's Psalm' - this is your Psalm, given to you by your loving Father as a means to express to Him all that is in your heart and soul; I would suggest that you read it through a few times to understand the thrust of it and then throughout the week, open your mouth and read it out loud! I cannot fully express to you the power that is in the doing of this - when we get together this Thursday at the Gathering, I will expound further on the benefits of this particular practice.
Your Psalm for this week girls is... Psalm 51, and once again - enjoy!

2 comments:

DebbieS said...

Hi Cathie,

Thank you and Elizabeth so much for sharing that picture of the rock with us. As Angie says, a picture is worth more than a 1000 words and this picture will stay in my memory bank and help to remind me of just how lucky I am to have God as my solid rock. It is quite interesting but today Lorne and I had an unpleastant experience but I remained calm and went right to God and told him I could handle anything as long as I knew he was with me. I think I am truly getting the picture that He is my solid rock and there is nothing to fear. Cathie, just look at how much all these lessons has helped me out - I feel so much more confident now than even 6 months ago. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I love to read and share the thoughts in the cafe, it adds a whole new dimension to our study.

Cathie said...

That's our girl! Just look at you standin' strong and confident upon that Solid Rock! You are an absolute joy and delight to this girl's heart, just don't know how to put it any plainer than that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin