Friday, July 24, 2009

Where Three or More Are Gathered...

I had a lovely surprise late yesterday morning. As I was preparing for my day that lay ahead, my husband told me that Angie had called and left a message. That message was an invitation to come and meet her Auntie Jean in her new care facility and also to meet Takako, who would be visiting Auntie Jean along with Angie. I quickly made the necessary adjustments to my schedule and away I went...who could turn down an invitation like that!

Here is the lovely Takako, who, through Angie, has blessed our study group this past year. She has just learned how to enter into the Comment Cafe and was visiting there with us yesterday -Takako had gone back to Angie's place later on yesterday afternoon, and Angie showed her how to leave her comment - if you would like to see what Takako had to say, just go into the Comment Cafe from yesterday's post!

The connection with Takako and Auntie Jean has been one of caregiver and friend, before the decision was made to move Auntie Jean into her new residence.

Angie brought out a photo album, showing us a picture of Auntie Jean and her sisters, taken when they had gathered together at a family reunion some time ago. We really had a wonderful time of visiting and fellowship; we laughed and prayed and absolutely everything that morning simply pointed to Jesus.
Takako has asked that our group of girls continue to pray for her, as she has another series of tests, examinations and doctor's appointments coming up quite soon - I have to tell you that her faith is strong and full of joy, and it was my delight and privilege to be able to meet Takako in person.

By the way, I took as many pictures as I could but my camera was definitely not cooperating -below you will see one of the pictures of me with Takako and Auntie Jean - they all looked great in the view finder thing-a-ma-jig, but, it was a whole different story when I started to download them!
Besides, I think you got the best three looking girls out of the group!
OXO



3 comments:

Angie said...

I am starting to find that spur of the moment days are the best kind. I have been blessed to have had two. Cathie, you make it sound like it was so simple to re-arrange your day and I am sure it was not! In fact, it was such short notice that I truly did not expect to see you and told Takako as much. There you were, patiently waiting for us, and it was like opening a door and stepping into sunshine. Thank you Cathie, for spending time with Auntie Jean and Takako. Auntie Jean did remember you and Takako today and I should tell you that in itself is quite something. I have been going to see her every day for over two weeks now to help her adjust to her new home and she pretty much tells anyone who will listen that I NEVER come to see her.
I also know that for Takako it was a time of comfort, encouragement and refreshment. Thank you Cathie, it really was a most wonderfully full hour and YES! our eyes were on HIM!
Thank you to all my friends for embracing Takako. She is so far from her only family, her two sisters, and is still on a journey with her health. I have seen her at some of her most difficult times and the smile you see is always there. I have shared with some of you that there were times when I went to comfort her and instead I was the one who was uplifted. I also know that it is because [as Marnie put it so well]
our Lord is holding Takako securely in his bosom, a place of warmth, tenderness and beautiful intimacy and she rests near the heart of God...Nothing else can compare!

Anonymous said...

My mom came home after you three gals visited with Auntie Jean and brought Takako with her for a continued visit at our place...what a wonderful time we had! Enjoying time with such beautiful, godly women is truly a gift from our Lord. And thank you Cathie for the photos...a real treasure!

Marnie said...

Just to let you know...that anonymous comment was me with a quick "double enter" button on the computer!!! OOPS!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin